Strengthening Families Program™
Families participate in a 14 week program that is held one evening per week. Each evening session is 2.5 hours in length. A meal is provided at the beginning of each session.
The program focuses on three key components:
Child and youth sessions include:
- Communication skills to improve caregiver, peer, and teacher relationships
- Resilience skills
- Problem solving
- Peer resistance
- Anger management, and
- Coping skills
Parents and caregivers sessions include:
- Mentoring parents/caregivers to interact positively with their children
- improve family cohesion
- Parents/caregivers learn to be better communicators using active listening skills
- Establishing family meetings to improve order and organization
- Discipline techniques including consequences and time-outs
Family sessions include:
- Allow parents/caregivers and children/youth time to practice what they learned in their individual sessions, and
- Facilitators to coach and encourage positive family interactions.
Strengthening Families Saskatoon
Making Saskatoon STRONGER One Family at a Time.