Strengthening Families Overview
The Strengthening Families Program™ is a critical component to the Strengthening Families Saskatoon initiative.
The Strengthening Families Program™ has been evaluated and has demonstrated its ability to reduce the following risk factors:
• Family history of problem behaviour or parent criminality;
• Family management problems, poor parental supervision and or monitoring;
• Pattern of family conflict;
• Poor family attachment or bonding;
• Parental use of physical punishment/harsh or inconsistent discipline practices;
• Anti-social behaviour and alienation, delinquent beliefs/general delinquency and involvement/drug trafficking;
• Favourable attitudes toward drug use/early onset of alcohol and/or drug use;
• Early onset of aggression and/or violence; and,
• Poor refusal skills.
Strengthening Families Saskatoon
Making Saskatoon STRONGER One Family at a Time.