Strengthening Families Goals
The overall goal of the Strengthening Families Program ™ is to increase family strengths and resilience and reduce risk factors for problem behaviours in high risk youth. Risk factors addressed include, but are not limited to, behavioural problems, emotional, academic and social difficulties.
Other significant goals are to:
• Reduce youths’ behavioural problems (violence, delinquency, aggression, etc.);
• Decrease the use and temptation to use drugs, alcohol and tobacco;
• Enhance children’s social skills;
• Improve parenting skills; and,
• Increase family cohesion, communication and organization.
Strengthening Families Saskatoon
Making Saskatoon STRONGER One Family at a Time.