Part-Time Contract Position
Saskatoon is pleased to welcome the Strengthening Families Program™ through a Federal grant and key city partnerships.
Reporting to the Coordinator of Strengthening Families Saskatoon, the Trainers will be responsible for providing direct training in the Strengthening Families Program™ and providing follow-up support as indicated for Saskatoon families. This position will necessitate the incumbent to work evenings 1-2 times per week for 5 hours n 14 week cycles and attend training in the Strengthening Families Program Local experience is preferred. 4-6 trainers will be hired to serve Saskatoon’s community.
- Human Service experience and training;
- Teaching and presenting skills and abilities;
- Able to travel, work evening hours, and transport children (and parents) in service delivery;
- Provide a clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector and Child Abuse Registry Check;
- Ensure a valid Class 5 driver’s license and provide a current driver’s abstract.
- Excellent teaching, presenting, organizational, and teamwork skills;
- Honest, trustworthy and diligent;
- Interpersonal skills including: Self-confident, respectful, patient, calm, collaborative and flexible in order to engage with clients and families;
- Non-judgmental and a positive role model;
- Previous experience working with First Nation communities and newcomer Canadians;
- Child and family-oriented.
- Able to describe how poverty and other socio-economic issues impact individuals and systems;
- Able to describe family systems theory;
- Able to describe the benefits of adhering to a developed and validated curriculum;
- Able to describe the influence of multi-cultural beliefs and values on families and systems, with a particular emphasis on First Nations and Métis individuals and families;
- Able to demonstrate knowledge in anti-oppressive practice and cultural competence;
- Able to describe how socio-economic factors may contribute to high risk behaviors in children and youth.
- Prepare and deliver the curriculum of the Strengthening Families Program™;
- Complete paperwork and follow-up measures as directed by the Coordinator;
- Work closely with the Coordinator and Evaluator to ensure the program is adapted to reflect the culture of the Saskatoon community;
- Training will occur April or May 2017. Trainers must be available to train those days without exception.
Please submit a Resume and Letter of Interest to email@example.com.